Cisco Evolves Associate-Level Certifications, Redesigns CCNA Routing and Switching Certification to Support Next-Generation Job Roles
Certification and Training Updates Meet Market Demand for Networking Talent Aligned With Changing Business Requirements
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 26, 2013 – Continuing its commitment to deliver job-ready training, best practices and the most up-to-date information on the latest networking solutions, Cisco today announced a redesign of the Cisco® associate-level certification programs and the evolution of the CCNA® certification to CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
While more than 99 percent of things in the physical world today are still not connected to the Internet, the phenomenon called "the Internet of Everything" will soon wake up everything imaginable. As the network evolves and changes, becoming more sophisticated, the job roles of network engineers also continue to change. The CCNA Routing and Switching refresh aligns certification and training curricula with evolving industry job roles and provides the skills that networking professionals need to successfully manage cutting-edge network solutions.
- The redesign enables the associate-level concentration certifications such as CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless, CCNA SP Operations and CCDA® to better align with the industry job roles of today and the future.
- Specifically for the CCENT® and CCNA Routing and Switching certifications, Cisco has redesigned the training curriculum for the ICND1, ICND2 and CCNAX exams and has introduced new exams for ICND1, ICND2 and CCNA Composite. The updates include comprehensive troubleshooting, technologies such as IPv6, and updated software on Cisco routers and switches.
- With the associate-level program redesign, candidates now need to pass only two exams to achieve advanced technology certifications in an accelerated manner with the right job skills. These certifications include:
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Voice
- CCNA Wireless
- CCNA SP Operations
- The following certifications currently require two exams:
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Video
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNA SP Operations
- For CCDA certification, a valid CCENT certification will be a prerequisite beginning October 1, 2013. Basic knowledge of routing and switching is becoming increasingly essential to meet the industry job role requirements of a CCDA.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager at Learning@Cisco>, said: "We are entering a new realm: the Internet of Everything, where things will gain context awareness, increased processing power and greater sensing abilities as everything is connected to the network. The network drives productivity. The network provides the services you need when you need them. As business solutions evolve, the network evolves and grows in its complexity. It has gotten to the point where basic knowledge of networking fundamentals is no longer sufficient. Now, network professionals have to understand networking systems with integrated security, wireless, voice capabilities and data center as well as business applications. At Cisco, we are committed to meeting the highest standards for learning programs and delivering the best certification programs possible. The evolution of the CCNA Routing and Switching certification will provide learners with skills and knowledge that are in demand today, adding substantial value for themselves and their employers."
- Tobias Caldwell, lead network engineer, Gap Inc., said: "After securing my CCNA certification, I was in a position to guide Gap network engineering projects, not just support them. What I like about the Cisco certifications path is that you really learn to think about how they are relevant. It's not just �this is a Cisco router, and this is how you configure it.' It very much goes into �this is why it's done this way.' It is critical to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies in order to remain relevant in a fast moving industry. I am confident the new CCNA Routing and Switching validates the skills necessary to support today and tomorrow's advanced networks. "
- The new exams and training will be available March 26, 2013. Candidates can register for the exams through Pearson VUE, the primary test delivery partner for Cisco. Training courses are offered by Cisco Learning Partners, the only authorized source for Cisco IT training delivered exclusively by Certified Cisco Instructors.
- Find out more about the redesigned associate-level certification program and training products today at: http://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com
- Cisco will continue to offer instructor-led training curriculum delivered through their authorized learning partners in order to help candidates prepare for the new exams.
- Three self-study products are now available on the Cisco Learning Network Store for the all-new Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification: Cisco Learning Labs for ICND1 v2.0, Cisco Certification Practice Exam for ICND1 (100-101), and the introduction of Cisco E-Learning for ICND1 v2.0. In addition, labs, practice exams and e-learning for ICND2 v2.0 are expected to be released on the Cisco Learning Network Store in late May 2013.
- Cisco Press has a comprehensive suite of official products to enhance classroom study or self-study exam preparation. New products include:
- Foundation and Certification Guide books and eBooks
- Premium Edition eBooks & Practice Tests
- Video Tutorials
- Network Simulators
- Visit http://ciscopress.com/ccna for more information.
- Watch: Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn: Staying Ahead of the Curve – CCNA Refresh Provides Next Gen Skills
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
Technorati Tags: Talent Development, Cisco Certified, Network, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Education, Learning@Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, Routing and Switching
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.