Global IT Association ISACA Recognizes Outstanding Volunteers
2013 Award Winners Announced
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA - ISACA, a global association serving 110,000 IT governance, assurance, risk and security professionals in 180 countries, announced the winners of its prestigious volunteer awards at its INSIGHTS 2013 conference in Berlin. Winners were acknowledged for their outstanding contributions and achievements in the IT industry.
"ISACA is fortunate to have some of the brightest minds in the world among its constituents," said Greg Grocholski, CISA, immediate past international president of ISACA. "These award winners have demonstrated excellence in the industry and outstanding contributions to ISACA, which have helped our organization offer strong, trusted guidance and valuable expertise."
The ISACA 2012-13 volunteer award winners include:
- Robert E. Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC (USA), vice president of strategy and innovation and service management at CA Technologies, who earned the President's Award. This award recognizes an individual who has gone above and beyond the call of duty in contributing to ISACA through years of commitment, extra effort, enthusiasm and dedication.
- Steven J. Ross, CISA, CISSP, MBCP (USA), executive principal of Risk Masters, Inc., who earned the Michael Cangemi Best Book/Article Award for his ISACA Journal column, "Information Security Matters." This award was instituted during the 1996-97 year to recognize individuals for major contributions to the field of information system (IS) audit, control and/or security publishing.
- Rams�s Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, ITIL, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software (Spain), who earned the John Kuyers Best Speaker/Conference Contributor Award. This award was instituted during the 1996-1997 year to recognize individuals for major contributions in the development of ISACA global conference(s) and/or outstanding speaking achievements.
- Christos K. Dimitriadis, CISA, CISM, CRISC, Ph.D., head of information security for INTRALOT Group, (Greece), who earned the John Lainhart Common Body of Knowledge Award. This award was instituted during the 1996-97 year to recognize individuals for major contributions to the development and enhancement of the common body of knowledge used by ISACA constituencies in the field of IS audit, security and/or control, IS audit certification and/or IS audit standards.
- Kris Seeburn, CFE, CEng, CIA, CISSP, CITP, FBCS, PMP, SMIEEE, academic and enterprise evangelist, and former program director for the University of Technology, Mauritius (Africa), who earned the Harold Weiss Award for Outstanding Achievement. This award was instituted in 1985 to recognize individuals for dedication to the IT governance profession.
- Lynn Lawton, CISA, CRISC, FBCS CITP, FCA, FIIA, director at KPMG Limited in Moscow, Russian Federation (Russia), who earned the Paul Williams Award for Inspirational Leadership. This award is given to an ISACA volunteer to recognize strategic leadership accomplishments on ISACA's behalf.
To view all 2012-13 ISACA award winners, please visit www.isaca.org/volunteer-recognition.
With more than 110,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA® (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders maximize value and manage risk related to information and technology. Founded in 1969, the nonprofit, independent ISACA is an advocate for professionals involved in information security, assurance, risk management and governance. These professionals rely on ISACA as the trusted source for information and technology knowledge, community, standards and certification. The association, which has 200 chapters worldwide, advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®), Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT® (CGEIT®) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control™ (CRISC™) credentials. ISACA also developed and continually updates COBIT®, a business framework that helps enterprises in all industries and geographies govern and manage their information and technology.