In ancient times, the Roman general and statesman Marcus Agrippa built a temple to honor all the gods of Rome. The modern word that came down to us from that momentous undertaking is "pantheon," which we generally now use to describe any place where the heroes or idols of a group or movement are honored.
With 2020 just around the corner, it's time to construct our own little pantheon that honors 2019. Over the next couple of weeks, we'll look back at the year that was and celebrate all of the awesome content to pass beneath the portals of GoCertify. We thank all of our readers for making this possible, and we hope that you'll join us in our little trip down Memory Lane.
First up is GoCertify's weekly Certification Watch newsletter. We've had almost 50 Certification Watch newsletters so far this year, but which ones were deemed most engaging by our readers? We're glad you asked. (Or we asked. Or, well, someone did. We're just glad.)
Without further ado, here are the 10 Most Popular Certification Watch newsletters of 2019:
1) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 24 (June 12, 2019) – Random quotation: "The big news out of Cisco Live is that Cisco will be switching up some of the titles and levels of its certifications, as well as routing interested tech professionals into a new program that bridges networking and DevOps."
2) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 9 (Feb. 27, 2019) – Random quotation: "You scream, I scream, we all scream for ... DevOps certification? DevOps has been a hot new thing for a couple of years, but it takes time to get a certification together. Now two popular certification programs have apparently cracked the code at the same time."
3) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 15 (April 10, 2019) – Random quotation: "ITIL, originally an acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, was developed by U.K. government officials in the 1980s to standardize IT management practices. In 2013, British business process outsourcing firm Capita and the U.K. Cabinet Office create AXELOS, a joint venture to manage the future of ITIL."
4) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 6 (Feb. 6, 2019) – Random quotation: "It's a beautiful thing when two certification organizations come together. OK, we just said that because it had a bit of a ring to it. Whether or not there's actual beauty emanating from the Oracle Certification Blog this week is probably in the eye of the beholder."
5) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 10 (March 6, 2019) – Random quotation: "A four-decade employee of IBM, Cohn essentially lets his imagination run wild – professionally – and sees where it takes him. It's always inspiring to read about colorful characters in IT and, as Cohn himself puts it, he loves making things but also is passionate about 'getting others to love making things.' "
6) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 16 (April 17, 2019) – Random quotation: "If there's one thing the hard-working team at Certification Magazine loves, it's a good IT certification survey. They do a massive certification Salary Survey once a year, but they also have smaller in-between surveys that focus on various IT specializations and collect information about certification and working professionals."
7) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 7 (Feb. 13, 2019) – Random quotation: "One thing Gates lists as a 'surprise' is the long-stalled evolution of toilet technology, which hasn't changed much since Scottish watchmaker Alexander Cumming patented his design for an odor eliminating flush toilet in (wait for it) 1775(!)."
8) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 8 (Feb. 20, 2019) – Random quotation: "As with reintroducing to the planet giant reptilian monsters who died out hundreds of millions of years ago, so with getting a certification."
9) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 18 (May 1, 2019) – Random quotation: "Whoa. That is beyond impressive. That is, as the kids like to say, some next-level (stuff). You can read all about it thanks to a humbleblog posted to the ISACA Now blog last week by one Sourya Biswas."
10) Certification Watch: Vol. 22, No. 26 (June 26, 2019) – Random quotation: "Of course, there's an application for almost everything today, and there's an entire software suite to help business nail down such boring essentials as human resource management, financial manage, supply chain management, customer relations management, and so forth."